Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Started work on the Vertical Stabilizer Rear Spar

Made the wedge tools. This little wedge allows me to install pop-rivets at an angle when there's not enough room to put one in.

Put the Vertical Stabilizer Hinge Assemblies Together. I used my handy pneumatic rivet squeezer to rivet this together. The pneumatic rivet squeezer make riveting much easier than the conventional hand squeezer.

Here are the upper and lower hinge assemblies. These assemblies will allow the attachment of the aircraft rudder.

Put in the upper spar cap onto the rear spar. Now, on to the lower spar cap.

Put the lower spar cap in place on the rear spar. Time for some drillin'!

Final drilled everything. I final drilled the upper and lower spar cap using the rear spar as a guide.

Riveted the spar cap to the rear sparRiveted the spar cap to the rear spar. Here's where the wedges come in handy, since I can't put in the pop rivets without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment